Friday, July 22, 2011

Introduction to ModelWire Network

Today was another 100+ degree scorcher here in Dallas. While my urge to venture outside the A/C was incredibly low, I still managed to go out and meet with two new photographers who may possibly be joining the Visual Advantages team. They will specialize in the category of “Architecture”.

But today I realized that I have been so busy starting this business, that I have strayed away from blogging about one of my biggest passions, and the reason I started in this business. Ohhh fashion, how I love thee!

While I thought my day was complete after my earlier outing (outings are counted on one hand in this heat), and was ready to throw in the towel, I then got a surprise call from Shana Oates, who is the Community Manager at ModelWire Network in Los Angeles, California. Shana and I had chatted earlier about me possibly writing a blog about ModelWire Network, and seeing as I have strayed away from blogging about fashion for way too long, I thought today was the day! (Is it hot in L.A. Ms. Oates? Because I really need a vacation).

It seems my fellow Dallas-ites have yet to discover ModelWire Network on a larger scale, so I am also hoping to help my fellow industry peers advance their careers in a new and better outlet.

Who or what is ModelWire Network you may ask? ModelWire Network is a social networking site that allows communication and networking between models, agents, photographers, wardrobe stylists, hair stylists, makeup artists, fashion designers, advertisers, producers (like moi), casting professionals, and just recently, fashion bloggers. They released their services less than a year ago . They are powered by their parent company ModelWire, which is the leader in model management software, or in layman’s terms, helps modeling agencies send out information electronically so they don’t have to mail a bunch of paper portfolios.

Yes, I know what you are thinking! So how are they different than MM? Well for starters, this site is controlled and monitored a lot more closely than the Mayhem. They do not allow any below the waist photography (thank you), and each photo must be pre-approved by an employee rather than a volunteer. Another great feature about ModelWire Network, unlike MM, is that the ModelWire agencies actually use and scout through the site every day. If you want to check out what agencies that you could be scouted by then go to ModelWire and go to their Fashion Directory – feel secure that no scammer agencies will be approaching you through the site. I personally like to think of ModelWire Network as the more sophisticated and classy site for our industry’s networking.

And, if you are in the mood for some great reading and education to advance your career, you can check out their blog section called “Industry Wire”, which features great fashion bloggers all over the country, as well as real advice from ModelWire’s founder, Joey Hunter, who has a weekly blog called, “Ask Joey” . Joey has worked in the modeling business for over 40 years and is the former president of Ford Model Management. He has advised many models throughout the years, including Naomi Campbell, Brooke Sheilds, and in conjuction with Jerry Ford coined the term “Supermodel.”

You can also get modeling advice from Supermodel, Emily Sandberg, who also has a section on the Industry Wire.

So thank you for chatting with me Shana. I really enjoyed our conversation very much, and I know I will be networking on your site very soon. And yes, I will continue to blog more about fashion, just as soon as I go stain our backyard fence now that it has cooled down to a low low 98 degrees. If I do not return shortly, someone please send help!

http://modelwirenetwork.com

“Sallie LeBlanc owns Visual Advantages, LLC. , a commercial photography production company in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. Sallie LeBlanc’s goal is to not only grow her business, but to also help put Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. on the map as a “go to” destination for commercial photography in the United States. www.visualadvantages.com .”

No comments:

Post a Comment